Printing , technology of producing many same copies of the original text to enable a wide readership dates back to 220AD, then known as “Woodblock Printing “ in China which then developed into the movable kind in 1040 by Bi Sheng, 15th century brought the invention of printing press by Gutenberg that was the real revolution in the way printing started to be widely brought to use.
From then on there have been upgradations in the technology with varying varieties according to user’s need ranging from Digital, Offset, Flexography, Letterpress and Screen printing. There are just so many options for printing brands to choose from. In this particular writeup, we will be talking of Canon printing device.
A Japanese multinational company, Canon manufactures a range of products comprising the camera, camcorders, steppers, computer printers and medical equipment headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. The company was founded on 10 August 1937 with the joint efforts of Takashi Mitarai, Goro Yoshida, Takeo Maeda, and Saburo Uchida.
There are many reasons for potential buyers to choose this printing brand over others, some of those reasons are to its high security, innovative technology, excellent scanning quality, high printing speed, and environment-friendly printing technology. This Japanese brand offers a wide range of its printing device suiting the needs of the customers.
Along with the traditionally wired printers, they also have the wireless range called the “Pixma “ series that allows you to operate the printer virtually from anywhere , be it your office place or home through Andriod smartphone, iPad, iPhone saving you from the long hours of sitting in front your system to give commands to the device and get it executed. With the Pixma range, convenience is at your fingertips, just give the printing command even if not in the proximity of your device and receive the printed text once you are free to access it.
MX490 is one such canon Pixma printer offering great features and services, some worth mentioning is its outstanding connectivity, use of Google cloud print and Air print to print wirelessly, fully integrated document feeder with the capacity of holding up to 20 sheets.
The optional XL ink cartridge of this series enables the user with the comfort of printing longer before having to replace the cartridge. The new MX model is 30% more compact than the previous models. It becomes much of a trouble if the user is unable to connect the printing device to wifi.
In the aforementioned section, we have penned down two easy ways to wirelessly connect your device to the wifi network, read them and put your device to the maximum benefit when your canon 490 won’t connect to wifi. Read on!
Method 1. Connecting the device via routers or hubs:
- Turn the printer on
- Press the wifi button and keep pressing until the blue light of the connection flashes blue
- Press the button and search for your WPS connection.
- While searching for the WPS connection, the blue light will keep flashing and once the connection is found the light will be still.
- Connect your printer to the connection and perform a print test
Method 2. Connect Canon MX490 using the Standard connection method.
- For installation, run CD on your computer.
- On the screen out of the given options for connection, select “Wireless Connection” option.
- Now turn on the printer and check for the blue light.
- Click “Connect To The Network”.
- For automatic connection, select WPS.
- Now for connecting through the cableless setup press the wifi button on the Canon printing device and hold until orange light flashes on it 2 times.
- Once the connection is secured successfully, a blue lamp light would flash on the device.
- As the last step click ‘Next” and provide the needed information to complete the installation and setup process.
Hope the articles provides the user with the best assistance with the cableless wifi setup Canon Pixma MX490 printer. For any further query, we would suggest you contact the Canon printer support phone number available on their official website.