Soy milk is a healthy alternative for vegans to ensure they have a nutritious supplementation in their diets. Soy milk has gained much attraction for its high protein content, source of Vitamin A, vitamin B-12, Potassium, Isoflavones, Calcium and Vitamin D. It can be hard for vegans and vegetarians to get sufficient vitamin B-12 in their diets, hence, choosing the best soy milk can add nutrients.
Despite having similar protein levels to cow’s milk, it is actually lower in calories and contains very little saturated fat.
Here we look at simple ways you can add the best Soy milk to your diet.
A twist on the old favourite, this version is entirely vegan.
2-3 heads of cauliflower
1 C of the best Soy Milk
¼ C Chipotle
2 Tsp Salt and Pepper together
11 Herbs and Spices mixture
2 C all-purpose flour
2/3 Tbls. Salt
½ Tbls. Thyme
½ Tbls. Basil
1/3 Tbls. Oregano
1Tbls. Celery salt
1 Tbls. Black Pepper
1 Tbls. Dry Mustard
4 Tbls. Paprika
2 Tbls. Garlic Salt
1 Tbls. Ground Ginger
3 Tbls. White Pepper
Oil for frying,
- Season cauliflower with salt and pepper.
- Whisk the soy milk with chipotle in a bowl.
- Place the cauliflower in the mixture, and refrigerate. Have it in the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours, or overnight if you have the time.
- Combine the herb mixture in a bowl.
- Take the cauliflower from the fridge and break into bite-size pieces.
- Shake off the excess liquid and put in the herb mixture.
- Turn each cauliflower piece in the mixture 14 times, to have 7 complete layers of coating.
- In a deep fryer, cook until golden brown and crispy.
- If you are opting for a lighter alternative, spray with olive oil or extra virgin coconut oil and cook it in an air fryer.
- Serve with ranch or vegan sriracha mayo.
Baked vegan mac-and-cheese
220 g gluten-free macaroni twists
2 C of the best soy milk
1/3 C Nutritional yeast
1 Tbsp. Tapioca Starch
1 Tbsp. Corn Starch
1 tsp. Salt
¼ tsp. Tumeric
For baked alternative
¼ C water
3 Tbsp. Vegan butter
¾ C Gluten-free panko bread crumbs
¼ tsp. garlic salt
- Boil pasta in salted water until al dente and drain.
- Whisk the cheese sauce ingredients, including the soy milk into a saucepan without heat.
- Once combined, add on medium-low heat and frequently stir until it boils, stirring continuously for half an hour.
- Mix the pasta and cooked cheese sauce.
- The vegan mac and cheese are ready to eat as is, or, you can opt for the baked alternative. If so, preheat the oven to 180℃.
- Make the pasta as per the directions above, but be sure to add an extra ¼ C of water when cooking the sauce over the stovetop.
- Pour the cooked mixture into a baking disk.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients, excluding the gluten-free panko bread crumbs in a dish from the baking ingredient list provided.
- Add this mixture to the pasta and stir well.
- Top with breadcrumbs and top with gluten-free panko bread crumbs and vegan cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until the dish is delicately brown.
- Serve and enjoy.
Here we have listed some easy ways to incorporate soy milk into your diet. It is a simple and healthy addition to your diet. Ensure to select the best soy milk to make sure you are choosing a product with an optimal nutrient selection.