AOL Desktop is one among the highly advanced email clients that completely devotes itself at offering a smooth experience to the users. But any amount of advancement cannot make any software completely error-free. Different issues with AOL Desktop arise from time-to-time, the not working being one among the foremost frequent. This problem is ever more common with the system having Windows 10. It, therefore, becomes important that you simply know basic troubleshooting to resolve this problem, whenever it arises. this text here presents the straightforward ways to assist the users fix the ‘AOL Desktop Gold Not Working on Windows 10’.
Possible Reasons behind AOL Desktop Not Working
Although there are often numerous possible reasons for AOL Desktop Gold not Working on Windows 10, a number of the foremost common ones are listed below:
- Incorrect email settings: If you think that , you would possibly have configured your email account incorrectly with AOL Desktop, you won’t be ready to work with it until you reconfigure with the right ones.
- Conflict between two email clients: Open two different email clients simultaneously can cause the not working problem.
- Outdated AOL Desktop: Using an outdated version of AOL Desktop can cause issues with its working.
- Issues with third-party: Conflict with any third-party applications can create problems in working with AOL Desktop.
- Issues with the system: Issues like low system space, presence of virus, outdated system or internet issues also can cause the ‘AOL Desktop not performing on Windows 10’ problem.
Solution to repair AOL Desktop Not performing on Windows 10
Try a number of these easy-to-follow troubleshooting methods to repair for aol desktop gold not working issue of AOL Desktop on your Windows 10 system:
- Upgrade the version of AOL Desktop
If you’re using an older version of AOL Desktop in your system, you would like to update it to the newest version. Since all the older version of AOL has been discontinued, you won’t even be ready to open it, including mention working problems.
- confirm no third-party app is running
Third-party applications like firewall or antivirus running in your system can sometimes conflict with AOL Desktop causing issues while aol desktop gold not responding with it. during this case, you would like to seek out and disable any such program that’s running into your system. you would like to only disable such software temporarily and after you’re through with AOL Desktop, you’ll resume such software.
- Strengthen your internet connection
Make sure that your system has access to strong and continuous internet connection. If you’re not getting the proper speed in your internet connection, try switching your router/ modem off and on.
- Work only with one email client at a time
Conflict between multiple email clients can cause working issues with either or both of them. To avoid this, it’s suggested to open just one email client into your system at a time.
- Fix the device related issues
- Check if AOL Desktop is compatible: For AOL Desktop to figure on your system, you would like a minimum of 512 MB of free space on your disk drive . Other requirements include 1GB RAM, Internet Explorer 7+, 266 MHz or faster computer processor and screen resolution 1024 x 768 or higher.
- Make space in your system: Sufficient storage must be present in your system’s hard disc to stop the not working of AOL Desktop. you would possibly want to uninstall or delete the smaller programs from your system to form space.
- Remove any threat from your system: Presence of harmful virus, malware, etc won’t allow you to figure with AOL Desktop. Run a system scan to seek out and delete such threats and obtain your AOL Desktop up and about once more .
- Update your system to latest version: Time to time, Microsoft releases latest updates for its Windows system. It consists of patches which will fix many issues together with your device including AOL Desktop not working. So, confirm that each one the important updates are installed in your system.
- Restart your system: Sometimes, restarting your system can help resolve many various issues. Therefore, if you’re unable to repair the ‘AOL Desktop not performing on Windows 10’ problem, simply restart your system to ascertain if this helps.
- Reinstall AOL Desktop
Uninstall AOL Desktop
- attend the search box present on the taskbar and sort instrument panel .
- Now, attend instrument panel and choose Programs > Programs and Features.
- Right-click on the AOL Desktop present within the list of programs.
- Click Uninstall or Uninstall/Change button.
- Follow the instructions as appear on the screen to finish the un-installation.
Reinstall AOL Desktop
- attend AOL official website and login to your account using AOL username and password.
- Click on My Services > Subscriptions.
- Next, select the start button under ‘AOL Desktop Gold’.
- Follow the steps given below to download AOL Desktop Gold.
- Once the file is downloaded attend Downloads folder in your system.
- Double click on the Install_AOL_Desktop icon and click on on ‘Run’.
- Click on the ‘Install Now’ button to start the installation process.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish the installation.