Kolkata, the capital city of West Bengal, offers a wide range of attractions for travellers enabling them to ensure more excitement. Also known as the city of joy, it is popular tourist destination that attracts several visitors every year. There are several places to explore in the city allowing tourists to make a fine trip. However, it is necessary to know more about them in detail before scheduling a tour. Another thing is that tourists can plan a tour with their family and others for witnessing complete satisfaction.
Tourists should consider booking hotels in advance that ultimately give ways to enjoy a trip accordingly. Best JW Marriott Kolkata is a leading hotel which offers luxurious amenities for tourists and even allows tourists to conduct a trip to the city with ease for ensuring a better accommodation.
Important places to visit in Kolkata
- Victoria Memorial
Victoria Memorial is one of the must-see attractions in Kolkata. Built in memory of Queen Elizabeth who ruled India over 25 years, this white marble opulent structure is a replica of the Victoria Memorial hall in London. Spread over 64 acres, the building covers several statues and sculptures. Visitors can even see a 16-feet tall bronze statue which showcases the British architectural styles. Apart from that, there are 25 galleries located inside the memorial which houses remarkable collections.
- Belur Math
Belur Math is an ideal destination for those who want to get inner peace from various problems. In fact, it is a pilgrimage place that invites a large number of devotees from different parts of the world. The math is well-known for its excellent architecture styles and tourists can practice meditation in a peaceful environment. Moreover, it even houses a museum which exhibit several things allowing tourists to know different details.
- Birla Planetarium
Birla Planetarium is an important place in Kolkata that allows tourists to learn more about the motion of planets in detail. It is an ideal destination for astronomy lovers enabling them to know more about science and technologies. A trip to the planetarium enables tourists to gather information about the planets and their movements easily.
- Indian Museum
Indian Museum is a perfect place for tourists because it has the finest collection of contemporary paintings, ancient sculptures, and other things. It even has 35 galleries which covers collections under six categories. There is also a library and bookshop located in the museum allowing visitors to gain more ideas. Visitors can reach the museum by taxi or bus.
- Birla Mandir
Birla Mandir is temple dedicated to Lord Krishna and Goddess Radha allowing visitors to get their blessings. The structure is 160 feet complex which is well-known for its traditional architecture styles. It also has some other gods such as Lord Hanuman, Lord Shiva, Lord Ganesha, etc. Janmashtami is the important festival celebrated in the temple with great vigour. The unique patterns on the wall of the temple are well-constructed by the artisans from different parts of India.
Travel tips to Kolkata
- Kolkata is well-connected by air, train, and road services allowing tourists to reach the city as soon as possible. Howrah is the nearest railway station for people who travel to the city from South and Western Parts of India.
- The city has a single metro line enabling tourists to make a trip from Esplanade to Khalighat Hindu Temple. There are some other lines that are under construction. Both auto rickshaw and human rickshaw services are also available for transportation purposes. The city even has blue cable car trams thereby showing methods to plan their trip with others.
- A wide range of options are available for travellers when it comes to food. Moreover, they are very cheap when compared to other cities.
- Travellers should bring bottled water while traveling to the city because drinking tap water may cause health complications.
- While the city is safe for travellers, it is advisable not to travel alone in midnight to minimize thefts and other problems.
- Although Bengali is the main language spoken in the city; many people understand Hindi and English allowing tourists to communicate with others easily.
- The city follows strict laws and visitors should know them before planning a visit to the city.
- Tourists should make sure that the street foods are in hygienic condition before eating them.
- Visitors must choose the right type of travel package which exactly fit their budgets and needs. They should consider selecting all-inclusive packages that can help to plan a trip at estimated budgets.
- Kolkata experiences different climatic conditions and visitors should pack clothes based on them.
- It is a wise one for tourists to carry a copy of important documents such as identity card and passport while visiting important places in the city.
- Visitors should avoid travelling in crowded places to prevent loss of money and other problems.
- Kolkata is a popular one for its leading shopping malls and visitors can buy a variety of things at affordable prices.
Where to stay in Kolkata?
Travellers who want to organize a trip to Kolkata should consider booking hotels in advance for ensuring high level comforts. JW Marriott Kolkata is a 5-star hotel that offers excellent amenities for tourists allowing them to experience a better accommodation. It provides different types of guests at reasonable prices enabling them to witness more satisfaction.
The hotel is a suitable one for conducting parties and other events in large spaces. Some other features offered by the hotel include fitness club, holistic spa, infinity pool, air conditioning, flatscreen TV, bathrobes, sofa, coffee/tea maker, and so on. Tourists can get hotel details from reputed hotel websites which ultimately give ways to book the rooms with ease. On the other hand, it is necessary to read the terms and conditions while booking the hotel online because they may vary from one website to another website. Besides that, tourists can fix an itinerary when they want to travel to the city.