Molds are nightmares for any homeowner. It can cause damages to your home and even to your health. Molds cause allergies like skin irritation, inflammation, itchy eyes and even asthma attacks in people. Besides that, molds damage furniture, walls and even precious clothes.
Molds are a type of fungus that exists in spores and multiplies in a damp and humid atmosphere. Dark places are more vulnerable to molds — that’s why you see mold build up in your bathroom, kitchen or even in your airconditioning system.
Molds are everywhere. The spores are present in the air. Hence, it is not possible to entirely control them. But, it can be successfully removed from your home. If you have molds in your home, then you can contact any nearby agencies for mold remediation Orange County. They have professionals ho can remove the molds.
But, molds are often ignored by homeowners and ordinary people before they start damaging the house and your health. Although you are not an expert, you can spot molds easily if you know the tricks. You need to check the places where molds usually grow. This includes the bathroom, under the carpets, the walls adjacent to insulation and water pipeline, you sink. Chimney etc. If any of these have grown molds, contact agencies for water damage restoration Orange County for repairing and removal work.
Here are the signs that indicate your home has molds-
- You have itchy eyes and other allergic symptoms while you are inside your house
Molds cause a different type of allergic reaction in humans. Some get red or itchy eyes, or some develop a tinging sensation or rashes on their skin. This happens because these people are allergic to mycotoxins present in molds, and their body shows allergic reactions in the presence of molds. Excessive allergic symptoms are a sign of molds.
- You are getting frequent asthma attacks
Asthma becomes even if there are molds in your house. So, if you are an asthma patient who is getting frequent asthma bouts even after regular medication, it is better to inspect your home.
- Peeled off and bubbled painting
If the paints on your walls start bubbling, then there are high chances that molds have invaded your home. Often the walls of the bathroom or kitchen or adjacent o water leakage show this sign. The moisture causes the bubbles andmoldsto start to colonize. Try to remove the bubbled up paints and repaint your home after mold removal.
- There is a weird smell in your home
This is one of the most significant signs of detecting molds. Molds alter the atmosphere inside your home and also the moisture attracts more bacteria. Hence, your house smells weird. So, musty smells inside your house always call for a mild inspection. You may also feel this weird smile in a part of your homes like in the bathroom or the kitchen.
- The floor feels wet
A wet basement is another indication of mold build-up. If you have a wooden floor and it feels damp all the time you need to be careful.
Check all these signs to know if your home has become a place for molds and take necessary steps. If you take the right step at the right time, you can get free from molds.